Newcastle City Council is committed to providing a high-quality customer service. We are actively exploring the use of AI and cognitive services tools to enhance our customer experience.
Currently we have the following live deployments:
- Microsoft LUIS in use in the NCC Bot
Microsoft LUIS – Language Understanding Intelligence Service, is a cognitive service from Microsoft which allows us to build up models to draw out intent and entities from conversion strings. LUIS begins active learning once deployed and will re-use data in order to improve itself. All model’s deployment are held within the EU.
Our design principle dictate that the following data will not be ran through these services:
- Any data Newcastle City Council response with
- Customer responses to message request for sensitive personal information
Information submitted to the above services may be repurposed to further enhance our services and be used to improve customer experience.
Your data may be used to inform you of service changes.
Details of Microsoft Online Terms of services can be found here.
Current text based services
We want to increase the number of text based services available to customers. We will update this page with information on text based services when they become available.
Text service for waste
- Permit – apply for a permit to take a van to the Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Visits – check available visits remaining
- Depots – see the addresses for Household Waste Recycling Centres
- Days – check your next household waste collection