The Newcastle C-Card and Sexual Health Good Practice Event 2017 took place on 18 October 2017 at St. James's Park and was an opportunity to celebrate local good practice in sexual health work and network with workers from a range of C-Card outlets and other projects in Newcastle.
We awarded Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Awards (Word doc, 14.95kb) for Newcastle Sexual Health Training. This was the first year we have awarded Platinum Awards, which is a new development for Newcastle Sexual Health Training. We have been mentoring and supporting those going for their Platinum to develop their skills and confidence as trainers. Those receiving their Platinum awards are:
- Helen Hindhaugh - SRE Outreach Worker, Teenage Kicks, New Croft Sexual Health Service, Newcastle Hospitals Trust
- Amanda Holmes - Nurse Specialist - Learning Disability and Sexual Health, New Croft Sexual Health Service, Newcastle Hospitals Trust
- Amy South - Young Persons Intervention Worker, PROPS North East
We celebrated those services who have gained ‘You’re Welcome’ accreditation and re-accreditation during 2017.
We also presented the Newcastle Sexual Health Good Practice Awards 2017, hearing both from the winning projects and those shortlisted, which was a chance to hear about some of the brilliant and innovative work that is taking place in Newcastle to improve sexual health. The three award categories and their winners were:
- Work with young people (under 25) - won by New Croft Sexual Health Service for the Sexual Health Drop-In at Tyneside Foyer
- Work with adults (over 25) - won by New Croft Sexual Health Service for the DIY STI Testing Pilot
- Sexual Health Worker of the year - won by Amanda Holmes, Specialist Nurse, Learning Disability and Sexual Health
See our Twitter feed @Ncl_SHTraining for more photos from the event, #CCSH17