Pay for a Streetworks Fixed Penalty Notice
The fixed penalty notice scheme is introduced by section 41 of the TMA, which inserted section 95A and schedules 4A and 4B into the New Roads and Streetworks Act (NRSWA). It provides for certain offences, under Part 3 of NRSWA, to become fixed penalty offences.
The objectives of the FPN system are to:
- encourage accurate and timely notice data;
- improve the co-ordination of works;
- improve data quality for all works promoters; and
- contribute to the aim of the TMA – minimising disruption arising from road and street works.
Fixed penalty notices:
- apply to all undertakers, whether statutory undertakers or licensees under section 50 of NRSWA;
- may be given only for the street, or section of street, in which the works take place; and
- cannot be given for street authority works for road purposes.
Part 3 of NRSWA details a range of statutory duties and obligations and the offences associated with failing to comply with them. All of these can be prosecuted in the Magistrates’ Court. It is for the street authority of the street concerned to take action on offences.
To make payment for a Fixed Penalty Notice, please ring our payment line on 0191 278 7878 quoting your unique FPN number (HR001).