Citylife Line: Looking after your Welfare and Wellbeing

Help and support available in Newcastle

If you, or someone else is in immediate danger, call the police on 999. 
If you need to report a concern to Social Care Direct, call 0191 278 7878.

Request support

  • Complete this online form
  • Helpline 0800 170 7001 (this is a freephone number)

Our Welfare and Wellbeing Team works from Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm, and will contact you by the next working day.

Are you self isolating or Clinically Extremely Vulnerable? Are you finding it difficult and require support?

Correctly self-isolating is the best way we can keep our family, community and city safe. We know there are lots of things to think about if you are self-isolating or following the Tier 4 (stay at home) guidance for CEV residents; food, work, money, even who is going to walk your dog.  We have a welfare checklist to help you think about those questions, and if you need extra-help we're here for you. Complete our online form and someone from our Welfare and Wellbeing Team will call you back to help you think about all the things you need when self-isolating or staying at home following the guidance if you are CEV.

What support do you need?

Advice: Check the NHS and webpages for information on self-isolation, how long to isolate for and more.

Food and Essential Items: Ask your friends and family for help, shop online, or contact a local food bank.

Money: Check our Welfare and Benefits pages for financial support

Work: Check the latest advice from the government here.

Children: Contact your children’s school to ask about school work, and see if they can deliver free school meals home. If you need nappies or other essential items for young children, contact your community family hub.

Caring responsibilities: Ask friends or family if they can help. Contact Newcastle Carers who may be able to give tailored advice.

Mental Health: Access online resources like Mind and NHS Every Mind Matters, and speak to your GP.

Physical Health: Think about how you can get active at home with help from Sport England.

Medication: Speak to your GP or pharmacy to arrange to have your medication delivered.

Animals: Ask friends and family to help. Find the latest government guidance here.

CEV residents are encouraged to register online through the National Shielding Support Service this will give you access to priority supermarket slots.  If you require support to register complete our form and we will call you back to help you register.

If you need more support on one of these topics, or something else and are self-isolating or CEV, please complete our form.

A full list of services providing support across Newcastle is available on the Information Now website

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?