Our website will be undergoing essential maintenance from 9am on Wednesday, 23rd of October for a short period of time. Please avoid completing any online forms during this time. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Roads and highways policies and plans
Transport Asset Management Plan
Newcastle's Transport Asset Management Plan (TAMP) is our highway management document that lays out our approach to maintaining highway assets strategically and efficiently.
Our TAMP provides information and analysis of the maintenance of highway assets, including inventory information, levels of service, life cycle plans and risk profiles, which promotes and supports informed evidence based decision making to enable us to make best use of available resources.
Our highway assets covered within the TAMP include carriageways, footways, street lights, structures, traffic signals, highway green spaces, trees, street furniture and public transport infrastructure.
- Transport Asset Management Policy Statement (183kb)
- Strategic Management Document (894kb)
- Data Management Plan (573kb)
- Highway Asset Management Plan (828kb)
- Highway Asset Management Plan Appendices (2.9mb)
- Highway Maintenance Operational Manual (768kb)
- Skid Resistance Policy (460kb)
- Winter services policy (4.46mb)
- Network Management Plan (2.46mb)
The Department for Transport has allocated funding to local highway authorities in England to help them renew, repair and extend the life of roads. You can view more information about how the council has allocated this funding for repairs in Newcastle on the local highways maintenance funding page.