We have made changes to the services you can access at City Library. There are a number of changes we've put in place to keep everyone safe.
- Join the library or renew your membership to access all our services.
- Use a computer for up to 1 hour per day. Please be aware that we require computer users to wear a face covering. Printing is not available. We have taken extra safety steps for computer users.
- Return your items. They will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- Collect items requested in advance through our Select & Collect service.
- Ask your questions and receive answers and support from our staff. We welcome all your library and Council services-related enquiries as well as request for general information.
- Visa applications by appointment only.
Phone: 0191 277 4100
Did you know?
City Library is currently open:
|Monday||11am to 5pm|
|Tuesday||11am to 5pm|
|Wednesday||11am to 5pm|
|Thursday||11am to 5pm|
|Friday||11am to 5pm|
|Saturday||10am to 2pm|
You can find City Library at:
Charles Avison Building
33 New Bridge Street West
Newcastle upon Tyne
View the location of City Library and Community Hub.