We’re happy to be able to welcome you back to our libraries. Currently City Library, East End, Gosforth, Kenton, Outer West and West End Libraries are open. Please check the individual branch pages for opening times and service details.
Libraries are open for:
- Book browsing in the branch for up to 30 minutes. Use the self-check machine to issue your own books onto your library ticket
- Book returns. Return your items in branch using the self-scan machine. Items will be placed in a 72-hour quarantine before being made available for further borrowing. (Books can be returned at anytime to the 24-hour returns machine built into City Library’s wall on the John Dobson Street side.)
- Public PC and scanning access for up one hour per day only.
- Printing facilities. (Please note: you must bring the exact change to make payment. Staff are not permitted to handle change or to give change – we currently do not accept card payments for printing)
- Select and Collect.
- Online resources. Library members can access a range of online resources using their library membership.
There are a number of Covid-Secure precautions in place to ensure everyone’s safety:
- You must wear a face covering while in the building unless you are exempt
- You need to clean your hands at the sanitisation station when entering and leaving the building
- We will record some details for NHS Test & Trace
- We’re limiting the number of people in the building so you may need to wait to browse for books or use a PC
Bank holiday and elections
All libraries will be closed on Monday 3 May for the bank holiday.
On Thursday 6 May libraries that host a polling station (Denton Burn, East End, Fenham, Gosforth, High Heaton, Outer West and West End) will be closed. This is to allow for the local elections to be held as safely as possible.
Community Hubs and Libraries
Charles Avison Building
33 New Bridge Street West
Newcastle upon Tyne
Via email: email@example.com
On the phone: 0191 278 7878 (ask for "Libraries")
On social media:
Did you know?
For more reading options try our wide range of eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines which can be downloaded directly to your own computer, smartphone or device.
eMagazines have been incredibly popular this year, increasing by 65% since March. You can download current issues of Hello!, Woman, Cosmopolitan and over 30 popular magazines direct to your own device – for free!
Pages in this area
- City Library & Community Hub
- Blakelaw Library
- Cruddas Park Library
- Denton Burn Library
- East End Library & Community Hub
- Fenham Library
- Gosforth Library
- High Heaton Library
- Kenton Library
- Newburn Library
- Outer West Library & Community Hub
- Walker Activity Dome & Library
- West End Library & Community Hub
- Newbiggin Hall Library
- Other libraries in Newcastle
- Bank Holiday opening