New contact centre opening times
Contact Centre opening times will be changing from Monday 28 October, find out the revised opening hours.
Mission and vision statement
We provide access to information, culture, heritage and learning opportunities for everyone in the City and beyond.
We promote creativity and culture, opening up a world of books, music, films and technology. We have:
- easy and free access for everyone;
- welcoming, helpful and expert staff;
- the highest quality information and the best books;
- up-to-date business information;
- unique heritage resources;
- the latest information and communications technology.
We will enhance people's quality of life by providing relevant and responsive libraries at the heart of the community. We will help all people to make informed choices and confidently take part in and enjoy the City, its heritage and culture.
We support the Newcastle Plan and the City Council's Vision and Values to help make Newcastle a vibrant, inclusive, safe, sustainable and modern European city.