Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
At Newcastle Libraries and Community Hubs we provide safe and welcoming environments which everyone can use and enjoy.
We expect everyone's behaviour to be appropriate, lawful, and respectful of other users and staff. Behaviour we will not tolerate includes:
- physically attacking, threatening or verbally abusing anyone;
- using racist, sexist or homophobic language;
- possessing or using drugs, alcohol or other intoxicating substances;
- smoking or rolling cigarettes, lighting a match or a cigarette lighter;
- using or charging e-cigarettes or vapes;
- making significant noise, including swearing, shouting and playing music;
- intentionally damaging property or misusing the furniture;
- using the building as a place to sleep;
- eating hot food or carrying hot drinks in uncovered cups;
- charging any electrical equipment except phones, tablets or laptops;
- using a library card other than your own, or giving a false name or address;
- accessing anything inappropriate on the PCs or your own devices.
This is not an exhaustive list and failure to respond to staff warnings or comply with the behaviour code will result in being asked to leave for the day, or a formal exclusion of up to 12 months.
CCTV will be used to identify individuals involved in any incidents. All crimes and suspected crimes will be reported to the Police.