What is the Skills Hub?
The Skills Hub is based on level 2 of Newcastle City Library and brings together a range of partner organisations who offer young people and adults living in Newcastle:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Help getting into work and training
- Advice setting up a business
You can watch our short video to find out more about the Skills Hub.
The partner organisations who are based in the Skills Hub offer one-to-one appointments, which can be arranged by visit, phone or email. These organisations include:
- National Careers Service
- Newcastle Futures
- Generation North East
- Supported Employment Service
- Jobs Education Training (JET)
- Moving on Tyne and Wear
- Project North East (PNE)
- Reviving the Heart of the West End (RHWE)
- Wise Group
- Your Homes Newcastle (YHN)
A free programme of events is also available and includes support workshops with practical advice, and employer-led activities, such as jobs fairs. Information about the latest events can be found on Eventbrite or on the Facebook page.
The Skills Hub is open from Monday to Friday from 10am – 5pm in Newcastle City Library.