Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 2JH
Teacher of Psychology
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
MPS: £25,714 - £36,961 per annum.
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Start date: January 2023
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Maternity - until 1 July 2023 or the return of post holder.
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated good in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a dynamic teacher of Psychology to join a successful department alongside enthusiastic and supportive colleagues. The ideal candidate will have the skills necessary to teach Psychology at Key Stage 5 and will also be able to teach Child Care and Health and Social.
This is a superb opportunity for a teacher looking to develop in a highly skilled supportive environment.
What we need:
• An outstanding practitioner with a passion for Psychology
• The ability to teach Psychology at A Level
• The ability to teach a Health & Social Care and Child Development as a second subject
• The ability to secure excellent achievement across key stages 4 & 5
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
• Excellent communication and ICT skills.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Free use of gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date is 09:00am on Monday 10 October 2022.
10 October 2022