Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 2JH
Teacher - Food, Child Care and Health and Social
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£25,714 - £36,961 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Start date: January 2023
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated good in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a motivated and inspiring teacher with the necessary skills to teach both Food and Child Care through to Key Stage 4. This is an exciting opportunity to join two highly skilled and supportive departments, well established in teaching academic and vocational courses at KS4 and KS5.
What we need:
• An outstanding practitioner
• A passion for and the ability to teach Food, Child Care and Health and Social Care to Key Stage 4
• The ability to secure excellent achievement at Key Stage 4.
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth Form
• Free use of an on-site gym
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
• A school with its community at heart
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date is 09:00 on Monday 3 October 2022.
3 October 2022