Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH.
Teacher of Drama
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
MPS: £24,373 - £35,971 per annum. (With potential additional Teaching and Learning responsibility payments depending on experience).
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required by June 2020
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Academies Multi Academy Trust consists of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13. Gosforth Academy is a successful school, which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection.
We are seeking a confident and reliable Teacher of Drama to cover maternity leave within this busy department. Depending on experience, the successful candidate may be offered additional payment for leadership responsibilities. We are looking for someone who has the skills necessary to teach Drama GCSE, BTEC Performing Arts and A-level Drama, maintaining our high standards. They will have the ability to inspire students with a genuine love and appreciation of the performing arts.
This is a good opportunity for a teacher looking to work in a highly skilled supportive environment, working closely with colleagues in other arts subjects, and with facilities including a purpose built drama studio.
What we need:
• An outstanding practitioner
• A passion for Drama
• The ability to teach Performing Arts at BTEC, Drama to GCSE and A Level
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
• Flexibility, resilience and a sense of humour
• Excellent communication and ICT skills.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Closing date is 9.00 am Monday 30 March 2020.
30 March 2020