Westerhope Primary School, Hillhead Road, Westerhope, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 1NE
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
MPS/UPS: £28,000 - £43,685 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Westerhope Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Fixed term for up to 1 Year in the first instance with potential for the post to be extended
Required for September 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Governing Body of Westerhope Primary School are looking to appoint a teacher who is passionate about ensuring the children in their class reach their potential and who want to be part of a nurturing school where developing the whole child is our priority.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher who:
- Will inspire and nurture our children and work as part of a team
- Has recent experience of KS1 or KS2
- Has a track record of outstanding teaching
- Has an interest in History or Languages (French) or Science
- Will make a significant contribution to the school community
We can offer:
- The privilege of working with children who are eager to learn and have excellent behaviour for learning.
- A caring and supportive school environment where we are always striving to improve our practice and support the development of our staff.
- Dedicated, innovative and supportive teachers, parents and governors.
We warmly welcome and encourage visits to school. To make an appointment, telephone Mrs Ridley, School Business Manager, on 0191 2674750.
To obtain an application pack, please visit the school website https://www.westerhope.newcastle.sch.uk ‘About us’ - ‘Vacancies’.
All applications must be returned by post or delivered directly to school (not by email).
- Short listing will commence on Tuesday 13th June
- Lesson observations will take place on 14th/15th/16th/19th June
- Interviews will take place on Tuesday 20th June
Closing date: Monday 12th June, 12 noon.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
12 June 2023
Apply and view further information
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.