Throckley Primary School, Hexham Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 9DY
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
MPS/UPS (£28,000 - £43,685) per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Throckley Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 2675311
Maternity Cover (1 post), to start 1st September 2023
Are you an inspirational practitioner who would like to work with a dynamic team which transforms the lives of the pupils in this successful and forward thinking school?
Throckley Primary is a larger than average primary school based in the Outer West of Newcastle. The school was graded outstanding in all areas in our November 2013 Ofsted report and is currently one of the highest performing schools in the country. We are ranked the 331st primary school in the country (out of over 16,000) in the 2023 'Sunday Times Parent Power Guide'. This ranking puts us in the top 2% of primary schools nationwide. This wonderful achievement is the result of a continuous drive for improvement, where the whole school community strives to deliver the best quality of education and transform the lives of our pupils.
The learning environment and facilities that we offer are exceptional. We are committed to providing a purposeful and empowering curriculum that fully prepares learners for the next steps in their school career and opens the doors to the wider world.
We are involved in an extensive range of external developments and partnerships:
• We are proud to have staff from Throckley Primary School on local delivery teams for the National Professional Qualification (NPQ) in Leading Teaching; the NPQ in Leading Teacher Development; and the NPQ in Behaviour and Culture. Additionally, members of the Throckley team support the delivery of the ECF programme by facilitating training for both Early Careers Teachers, and mentors, supporting the work of an approved local ECF delivery partner. We are actively involved in Initial Teacher Training and continuing professional development. This thriving team has a wealth of experience and expertise which both newly qualified and more experienced practitioners will undoubtedly both benefit from and contribute to.
• We pride ourselves in being an evidence-informed school; staff development is central to our practice. A number of staff are currently studying towards National Professional Qualifications, all of which have an impact on wider staff development and, in turn, pupil outcomes.
• We are a Behaviour Hub lead school and this programme gives us an excellent opportunity to share our exemplary behaviour culture and practices with other schools regionally and nationally.
• We are proud to be an accredited Pupil Book Study training school. Pupil Book study provides a systematic, evidence-informed toolkit which supports schools in evaluating the quality and impact of curriculum, through studying teaching and learning.
• We have been a National Support School - The Head Teacher has been a National Leader of Education and we have 4 teachers who are Specialist Leaders of Education. We are outward looking, offering support to other schools, which allows for great CPD and future leadership opportunities for all staff.
• We are currently a Foundation School as part of a Trust with eight other primary schools in the Outer West. Throckley Primary is the lead school for trust operations. An exciting development for the Outer West Learning Trust is the exploration of Multi Academy Trust status which began in the summer of 2022. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this collaborative and forward-thinking group of schools as they aim to continue to improve the lives and educational outcomes of children across the Outer West.
• In order to fit with the needs of the school, the post could be a class teacher role. Alternatively, the post could be a PPA Cover Teacher role, particularly if the successful applicant has a subject specialism, for example, P.E., Art or music. The post will be fixed term for one year initially, due to it being a maternity cover, with the possibility of an extension.
Candidates should have the drive to become outstanding classroom practitioners who can make a significant contribution to the school's ongoing success by bringing new ideas, initiative and a commitment to raising standards. You will be energetic, creative and passionate about teaching; willing to engage with the most up to date evidence around effective teaching and how pupils best learn; and willing to share expertise while continuing to develop your pedagogy.
In return, we can offer you an outstanding school with enthusiastic pupils, a supportive and dynamic team, fantastic facilities and strong parent and community links.
Applications are welcome from both Early Career Teachers and experienced teachers.
Please make explicit within your application:
• your teaching experiences from previous posts by year group,
• the duration of your teaching experiences,
• any teaching practices for Early Career Teachers. (ECTs are encouraged to include their placement reports).
• any subject specialisms or areas of interest that you could bring to the school.
This school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks. For further information, please see the copy of our Safer Recruitment Policy and the copy of our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy which are included with the application pack on our website.
Application details are available on the school website: www.throckleyprim.newcastle.sch.uk
Tel: 0191 2675311.
Please email the recruitment address above to request to join a virtual school visits on Wednesday 24 May 2023, 3.30pm - 4.15pm
Closing Date: Monday 5 June 2023, at 9.30am
Please note: We do not accept applications by email. All applications must be received via the electronic application on the DfE Teaching Vacancies website, or use the Word version of the application and submit it via the Schools Northeast jobs portal, or by post or by hand delivery.
Shortlisting: Monday 5 June 2023
Observations, tasks and interviews: Wednesday 7 June 2023
5 June 2023
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.