Headlam Street, Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2JX
Support Assistant Level 3
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Full time - term time plus specified days
£21,575 - £22,777 per annum pro rata Actual Salary £18,339 - £19360
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle in partnership with Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust
Full Time Fixed Term Position, Term time plus 3 training days
Required for Summer Term- with the possibility of becoming permanent
St Lawrence’s Catholic Primary School is proudly a part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust. At St Lawrence’s we live and learn in faith and love, through Jesus’ teachings. Our school is a family where we support each other and strive to fulfil our full potential.
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated and committed teaching assistant who will work on a one-to-one basis with children who have a high level of need. Applications are welcome from all qualified teaching assistants. The role is fixed term until July 2023 initially with the possibility of the role becoming permanent.
Governors are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant who:
• Is a practising Catholic or is a person who is committed to the ethos and vision of Catholic Education.
• Has a good understanding of the needs of children with special educational needs and is passionate about supporting the needs of those children.
• Has experience of delivering high quality provision to children with complex needs, including ASD.
• Is willing to listen, learn and work flexibly as part of a very strong and supportive team.
We can offer:
• Happy, confident and motivated children who embrace new challenges.
• A continuously improving, outward looking and forward-thinking school.
• A strong Catholic ethos where all are valued.
• A friendly, committed staff and engaging staff who are open to new ideas.
• An active and supportive Governing Body.
• A strong commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be made by contacting Miss Gouldson or Mrs Kwak, the School Office Managers, to arrange an appointment. Application packs are available from the school, by email at email@example.com and to download from our school website: www.stlawrencesprimary.org.uk. All paperwork submitted by e-mail must be signed on interview day.
The Governing Body of St Lawrence’s Catholic Primary School and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. An offer of employment would be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks.
St Lawrence’s has formally adopted the Diocesan Model Statement on Equal Opportunities to ensure that we assess the best candidate against the criteria provided and do not discriminate on grounds of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin or disability.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 24 March 2023
Shortlisting will be held on: Friday 24 March 2023
Formal Interviews will take place on: Wednesday 29 March 2023
24 March 2023