Archibald First School, Archibald Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 1EB
Support Assistant Level 3
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Part time - term time plus specified days
£19,650 - £20,852 (actual pro rata salary £15,211 - £16,142)
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Archibald First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Fixed term: September 2022 (as soon as possible) until 22nd July 2023
33.5 hours, term time only + 5 training days
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8.30am-3.30pm
Initially based in Year 2 and Year 3
The governors wish to appoint a creative, talented and innovative Learning Support Assistant with proven experience in KS1/KS2 who has a passion for supporting children’s learning to enable them to achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their commitment to working as part of a highly successful team, the aim of which is to ensure that all children receive outstanding and inspirational educational experiences, which help them fulfil their potential.
As for all members of staff at Archibald, the successful candidate will actively endorse and deliver the vision of our school, ‘having fun, learning together’, whilst facilitating all children to be curious, caring, creative and courageous.
We are looking for a skilled and effective practitioner with passion, enthusiasm and energy who:
• Is an excellent learning support assistant!
• Is creative and proactive in their approach to teaching and learning.
• Is flexible and can use their initiative to meet the needs of the children and the demands of KS1/KS2.
• Is an inclusive practitioner with ambitious standards and high expectations for all pupils.
• Has exceptionally high expectations of themselves and of all the children.
• Has experience of being a key worker.
• Is well organised and highly motivated.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoys working in a team.
• Has experience of working with children with additional needs.
In return, we offer:
• A supportive Headteacher and Governing Body
• A dedicated staff team
• Happy, enthusiastic children
• High parental engagement
• A vibrant and cohesive school
• An inclusive and supportive working environment
• Collaborative working with the Gosforth Schools’ Trust
Archibald First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and be successful against a range of other recruitment checks.
Under normal circumstances, candidates are encouraged to visit the school by arrangement. To organise a visit, please email Mrs R Turner via firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits can be arranged for the week of the 5th September 2022.
Application forms, person specification, job description and further information are available on the website www.archibaldfirstschool.co.uk.
We request that all applications are emailed where possible. Postal applications sent over the summer holidays will not be received until the 6th September at the earliest due to postal arrangements for the school break.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com marked for the attention of Mrs. R. Turner. Candidates will be requested to sign all documentation in person if successfully short listed. Postal applications should also be sent for the attention of Mrs. R. Turner.
The closing date for applications in Friday 9th September at 2.00pm
9 September 2022