St Cuthbert’s RC Primary School, The Green, Walbottle, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 8JL.
Support Assistant, Level 3
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Part time - term time
N4: £18,795 - £19,945 per annum, pro rata. Actual salary: £10,954 - £11,625 per annum.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle in partnership with Newcastle City Council
St Cuthbert's RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 267 5956
26 hours per week
Term time, 38 weeks worked
Fixed term from January 2020 until 31 August 2020.
At St Cuthbert’s we live and learn in faith and love, through Jesus’ teachings. Our school is a place where we can grow as a family, helping each other to lead full and happy lives.
We are a happy, caring and thriving school with a strong Catholic ethos. We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic support assistant to join our dedicated team. The Governors are looking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic person who:
• Will support and promote the Catholic ethos and values of the school
• Is able to inspire our pupils through our school curriculum
• Has recent experience of working with children across the whole of the Primary phase and EYFS
• Has high standards and expectations in every aspect of school life
• Is committed to working as part of our school team
• Is an inclusive practitioner who firmly believes that all pupils can succeed
• Is able to communicate effectively with parents/carers
• Is committed to continued professional development.
We can offer:
• Happy, confident and motivated children who embrace new challenges
• A strong Catholic ethos where all are valued
• A friendly and committed team
• An active and supportive Governing Body
• A commitment to continuous professional development
• Enthusiastic and supportive parents.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be made by contacting Mrs Neal, the School Administrator, to arrange an appointment. Application packs are available from Mrs Neal via the school, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and to download from our school website: http://stcuthbertsw.newcastle.sch.uk/
All paperwork submitted by e-mail must be signed on interview day.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to obtain ‘an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service’.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Closing date for applications: Monday 06.01.20 at 4pm.
Shortlisting will be held on: Tuesday 07.01.20
Observations will take place on: Thursday 16.01.20
Interviews will be held on: Friday 17.01.20.
6 January 2020