Ravenswood Primary School, Ravenswood Road, Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 5TU
Support Assistant Level 2
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Part time - term time plus specified days
N3: £20,812- £21,189 per annum, pro rata (actual £15,161.00- £15,436.00 per annum)
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Ravenswood Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
32 hours per week, term time only with 1 Training Day
The Governors of Ravenswood Primary School are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and caring Support Assistant to provide support for pupils.
We are seeking a Support Assistant who
• is caring, enthusiastic and committed to their role in supporting children
• is able to work as part of a team and willing to contribute ideas and energy to the classroom
• has experience of supporting children in their learning and contributing to observational assessment
• is flexible and adaptable to the demands of the role
• is able to manage the behaviour and pastoral needs of the children
• has excellent organisation and communication skills
• is able to support the class teacher to help develop learning
Experience of working with students to improve student outcomes, knowledge of behaviour management strategies and supporting students with Special Educational Needs would be an advantage.
The school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks.
*This post attracts the Newcastle Living Wage supplement. In addition to the hourly rate, this post will receive the Newcastle Living Wage supplement to bring the hourly rate up to a minimum of £10.90 an hour.
An application pack can be obtained via the school website, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application and safe recruitment form to be returned to Mrs Alison West, School Business Manager.
Closing Date: Friday 2nd December 2022 at 12 noon
Interviews: 8th/ 9th December 2022
School visits will only be offered to candidates who are shortlisted.
2 December 2022