Operations and Regulatory Services
Newcastle upon Tyne
Senior Business Support Officer
£23,032 - £24,920
The role is to provide personal support to the Leader, as part of the team within the Leader / Cabinet Office.
This is an opportunity to work in a busy and demanding role at the heart of the organisation, working closely with elected politicians who set the priorities and policy direction of the council.
You will need to be able to demonstrate political awareness and sensitivity, and to understand the importance of and always maintain confidentiality. You will need a flexible approach to work and experience of dealing with competing demands and working to deadlines.
The role involves a wide range of tasks including.
• Managing complex diaries with competing demands, alongside associated travel and accommodation.
• Preparing daily papers, distributions lists, agendas etc
• Dealing with a wide range of phone calls, emails and visitors ranging from constituents, business, local and central government and visiting dignitaries
• Maintaining accurate records of declarations of interest, expenses etc
You will also need to
• show attention to detail
• be calm, methodical, organised, and able to act on your own initiative as well as part of a team
• be aware of information security
• be able to build and maintain effective working relationships
There will be an opportunity to develop in the role, for example undertaking some project work to support the work of the Leader’s office team.
For an informal conversation please contact, Melanie Gilmore on 07814 704669 or Helen Kerrigan on 0191 2116031.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
18 October 2022