St Lawrence’s RC Primary School, Headlam Street, Byker, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE6 2JX.
Reception Teacher and Early Years Leader
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
M1 - UPS3: £25,714 - £41,604 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
In partnership with the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust.
St Lawrence’s RC Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 265 9881
Headteacher: Mr Paul Brown.
Required for September 2021.
Full time in accordance with the Teacher’s Pay and Conditions Document as agreed 1 September 2020.
At St Lawrence’s we live and learn in faith and love, through Jesus’ teachings. Our school is a family where we support each other and strive to fulfil our full potential.
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated and committed Early Years Leader who is an outstanding teacher and can make a significant contribution to the leadership and management of our school.
Governors are seeking to appoint an Early Years Leader who:
• Is a practising Catholic or is committed to the ethos and vision of Catholic Education.
• Has a passion for learning and is an outstanding and inspirational teacher with high expectations of children’s learning, progress and behaviour
• Will be highly organised, motivated and able to mange the team around them into a highly successful Early Years Unit.
• Has the leadership qualities and experience needed to work with the Senior Leadership Team in order to inspire, challenge and encourage the EYFS team to achieve the best outcomes for pupils.
• Has a proven track record of driving and sustaining school improvement in Early Years
• Will bring expertise, vision and creativity to Early Years and to the wider school.
We can offer:
• Happy, confident and motivated children who embrace new challenges.
• A continuously improving, outward looking and forward thinking school.
• A strong Catholic ethos where all are valued.
• A friendly, committed staff and engaging staff who are open to new ideas.
• An active and supportive Governing Body.
• A commitment to continuous Professional Development.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be made by contacting Mrs McLoughlin, the School Office Manager, to arrange an appointment. Application packs are available from Mrs McLoughlin via the school, by email at email@example.com and to download from our school website: www.stlawrencesprimary.org.uk.
Applications by email only. All paperwork submitted by e-mail must be signed on interview day.
The Governing Body of St Lawrence’s Catholic Primary School and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. An offer of employment would be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks.
St Lawrence’s has formally adopted the Diocesan Model Statement on Equal Opportunities to ensure that we assess the best candidate against the criteria provided and do not discriminate on grounds of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin or disability.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 5 May 2021 10am
Shortlisting will be held on: Friday 7 May 2021
Lesson Observation will take place: between Monday 10 May 2021 and Friday 14 May 2021
Formal Interviews will take place on: Friday 21 May 2021.
5 May 2021