Adult Social Care and Integrated Services
Newcastle upon Tyne
Programme Lead – Commissioning
£50,603 - £53,754 per annum
Fixed term for 24 months
A new and exciting opportunity has been created for a Programme Lead within the City Council’s Commissioning and Procurement Team for Adult Social Care and Integrated Services.
This is a fixed-term role funded through the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities’ Rough Sleeping Initiative grant to bring housing, health and social care partners together to deliver integrated responses to support people to stop rough sleeping or being at risk of rough sleeping in Newcastle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and shaping innovative practices to end rough sleeping by maximining the value of support by professionals and to sustain engagement with services to achieve positive outcomes for the individual and the city. This is a direct contribution to ensuring that grant conditions are met as we work towards our ambition of ending rough sleeping in Newcastle. This role will be reflective to ensure that learning can inform and promote system change beyond the life of the grant.
The role will also work closely with the Council’s Public Health team to develop health protection practices for this vulnerable group; across commissioned services, and primary and community care on behalf of the Collaborative Newcastle partnership.
The successful candidate will be expected to take an active role in the implementation and matrix management of a new multidisciplinary team approach, bringing together external and internal partners to contribute to the system change required to improve outcomes for Newcastle’s residents.
• You will be high performing and confident, with experience of influencing and shaping system change and be capable of programme delivery at pace.
• You will ideally come from a health, care or housing background with experience of relationship and risk management and the ability to work across services.
• You will be passionate about enabling others to improve the lives of people most in need by improving provision within complex systems to make a measurable impact on outcomes for Newcastle’s residents
• You will have excellent and effective analytical and communication skills and have experience of writing and presenting reports to inform others about relevant issues and recommend appropriate future action.
• Experience of commissioning would be advantageous.
Newcastle upon Tyne is a beautiful and historic city. Famous for its nightlife, it offers an excellent quality of life with extensive cultural, leisure and sporting opportunities. Geographically, it also offers superb access to coastline, countryside and areas of outstanding natural beauty.
The City Council is dynamic and innovative, despite the substantial challenges of austerity and Covid-19, we have a strong reputation for our action on preventing homelessness and taking a collaborative approach. This role will contribute to our achievement of greater cross-sectoral integration for housing, health and social care, and tackling the fundamentals of wellbeing and health in the city.
If you would like to talk to someone about this role, please contact Nikki Turnbull, Service Manager - Commissioning (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Claire Knox, Programme Lead - Commissioning (email@example.com)
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form. Before completing the form please ensure you read the supporting documents.
1 December 2022