Children, Education and Skills
Newcastle upon Tyne
Peripatetic Teacher of the Deaf
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£25,714 - £41,604 per annum, plus TLR2 £2,873 and SEN1 £2,270 fully qualified
Hearing Impairment Team
Library Block Westgate Community College,
Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle Sensory Service is seeking to appoint a qualified Teacher of the Deaf (QTOD) to join an enthusiastic team who support the achievements of deaf/hearing impaired children and young people, their families, early years settings and schools across the city. The post is peripatetic and part of the wider Sensory Service. Required from September 2021 or as soon as possible.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of the Deaf who is committed to improving the outcomes for children and young people with hearing loss.
Ideally the successful candidate should have:
• the specialist mandatory qualification in teaching deaf children (QToD).
• Postgraduate Diploma Deaf Education Studies (Early Years and Deafness)
• understanding of and commitment to inclusive education and an ability to work effectively as part of a multi-agency team
• excellent communication skills with at least BSL Level 2
• recent experience of working in a variety of educational settings, with a range of children & young people with SEND
• a commitment to providing children, young people and their families with balanced, unbiased advice to enable them to make informed choices
• flexible with a commitment to working as part of a team to deliver a positive learning experience to children across the City.
Due to the nature of this role you must be able to travel independently to meet the requirements of the post. A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is desirable. Applicants must evidence within their applications that they meet the person specification.
Closing date: Thursday 6 May 2021 at 12pm.
Interviews: Wednesday 12 May 2021
For further information please contact Joanne Scott, Manager SEND Sensory Service, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 07793 968889
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a check to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
6 May 2021