Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hospital (Post-Discharge) Social Worker
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£32,020 - £35,411 per annum (Unprogressed) £36,298 - £40,478 per annum (Progressed)
Our aim is to maximise independence and achieve the correct outcomes for people who have recently experienced ill health or who may have a new disability.
The work of the Freeman Hospital and RVI social work teams is on hospital wards, helping people to get home or where they need to be as quickly and safely as possible, as well as follow-up assessment when people have left hospital and are in their own homes, or in care homes. The operational demands vary, so you would be expected to work in either the hospital or the community, as required by the team managers.
As well as applying the Care Act 2014, you will carry out safeguarding adult enquiries, use your skills in assessing mental capacity and participate in the consideration process for NHS Continuing Healthcare when needed.
The hospital social work teams are extremely supportive and are an environment where hard-working and motivated social workers can flourish. Workers receives regular support and supervision from experienced social work team managers who are committed to professional development and staff welfare.
We can offer you:
• Short-term casework
• Generous annual leave in addition to bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave
• Access to a flexible working scheme between 7.00 am and 7.00 pm by negotiation (depending on operational requirements)
• Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
• Access to vehicle leasing scheme
• Combination of home-based and office working based at the Freeman Hospital, with IT equipment and mobile phone for work duties provided
• Parking permit for hospital site
• A progression pathway in partnership with local university
• You will be a qualified social work practitioner who has an interest in and an understanding of work in both hospital and community settings.
• You must have a relevant social work qualification such as a Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW, or CSS, or equivalent, and must have current Social Work England registration
• You will be adept at devising cost-effective and robust support that maximises the chance of a person’s recovery from a period of ill health.
• You will value people’s rights and independence and want to enable them to solve problems they are experiencing but you will know how to protect and support people at times of vulnerability.
• You will be a confident verbal and written communicator who is self-motivated, efficient and able to work at pace.
• You will have experience of multi-disciplinary working and a drive to working collaboratively and supportively.
• You will have a strong commitment to professional responsibility in your practice.
• You will be thorough and possess an eye for detail.
If this sounds like you, please apply.
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful, we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a check to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the relevant barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage, even if you indicate otherwise.
For an informal discussion, please contact:
• Jamie Feather, Team Manager or Nic Hadden, Team Manager on 0191 213 7393 (Freeman Hospital) or Christine McGorie on 0191 282 4099 (RVI)
• 2 posts (1 x Freeman Hospital, 1 x RVI)
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
29 January 2023