Kenton School, Drayton Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3RU
Head of Faculty of Social Studies
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£25,714 to £41,604 pa plus TLR1b (£10,202 pa)
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required January 2023
Kenton School is a vibrant and inclusive secondary school at the heart of the community in which we serve. With around 1800 students, we are amongst the largest schools in the North East. At Kenton we are passionate about providing the very best education possible for young people in our city, our region and nationally and our strong and committed team share our vision of ensuring all our students not only reach their potential but that they are confident, happy and resilient students who treat each other with compassion and respect.
As Head of Faculty of Social Studies, you will lead a team of 5 teachers. This is a vibrant, exciting and supportive department who oversee a range of popular courses throughout the various Key Stages with majority courses at Key Stage 5. The department is housed in its own area, is well resourced and benefits from close links with humanities.
If you are the person we are looking for you will be able to demonstrate:
• Demonstrable experience driving performance improvements in your designated curriculum or core leadership area.
• An ability to think and act strategically with sensitivity to organisational and wider political priorities to deliver high quality outcomes.
• An ability to use data effectively and present views and opinions in discussion which contribute to positive outcomes including the ability to challenge, give feedback and accept feedback constructively.
• A proven track record of effective people, resource and financial management.
• Ability to demonstrate high expectations and to instill these in others.
• Ability to teach Child Development and/or Health & Social Care would be advantageous
If you have the skills, commitment and enthusiasm to succeed in this role, we want to hear from you. In return we can offer you,
• Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes
• Free on-site parking
• Free gym access at Kenton School
How to Apply
Please download an application form from our website ks.northernleaderstrust.org and return it to email@example.com
Closing date: 12.00 Noon on 7 October 2022
Northern Leaders Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in all its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school.
7 October 2022