Operations and Regulatory Services
Newcastle upon Tyne
Facility Supervisor (West Denton Primary School)
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£24,948 - £26,845 per annum, pro rata ( Actual salary £20,228 - £21,766 per annum)
30 HOURS PER WEEK (SPLIT SHIFT) plus an opportunity for additional overtime
6.30am-9.30am & 3.00pm-6.00pm Monday to Friday
An opportunity exists for a suitable individual to work within the Facility Services Division of Operations and Regulatory Services Directorate as a Facility Supervisor West Denton Primary, West Denton, Newcastle upon Tyne.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you have good communications skills, the ability to work with limited supervision, be capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting and carrying of equipment, materials/furniture and are able to climb ladders. Caretaking experience in a school would be an advantage.
You must be able to undertake the split shift requirements of the role.
You will be responsible for the security of the premises, setting alarms, general health and safety issues relating to the building, as well as a range of porterage duties. There will be a responsibility for the supervision of cleaning staff.
You will be expected to be able to deal with varying workloads and the cleaning of a defined area. You must be able to manage your own time.
There will need to be a degree of flexibility around certain key events in the school calendar e.g parents evenings, governing body meetings, Christmas and summer fairs etc. You will be expected to be available to undertake lettings for the school when required.
There will be an opportunity for additional income driving the school minibus. Full Minibus driver awareness scheme training (MIDAS) will be provided.
To work in our busy school, you must be enthusiastic, hardworking and able to forge positive relationships with staff, children and parents. We are looking for a positive, hard-working individual with a strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
Facility Services and Civic Management work across the city and Gateshead providing building cleaning, caretaking, school meals and welfare catering services.
We have a large team of cleaners, cleaner supervisors, facility supervisors (caretakers), catering assistants, assistant chef’s and chef’s working various hours and shifts in schools and public buildings.
Our service is committed to delivering a high standard of service to our customers and in doing so investing in our staff and staff development.
What we offer:
• Competitive hourly rates of pay
• Up to 28 days annual leave per annum (pro rata for part time staff) increasing to 29 days from April 2023.
• Paid DBS as well as paid induction and training
• Full uniform and equipment provided at no cost to you
• Full training and opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice car lease and home electronics scheme.
• Weekend, bank holiday and unsociable hours pay enhancement
• Full employee support package including access to a free confidential Health Assured, Employee Assistance Programme.
• Staff offers and discounts including discounts on travel passes and leisure.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a team player but able to use your own initiative
• Can have good relationships with others
• Is self-motivated and able to work to fixed deadlines
• Has a flexible approach to work, hours and locations
• Is customer focused
• Can deliver to required standards
• Is suitable to work with children and young people
• Is capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting, and carrying.
• Can undertake written and spoken instructions and speak English.
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a check to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
The opportunity for additional overtime driving the school minibus requires a full driving license.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form, alternatively you can collect an application form from Condercum Road Depot Reception or email email@example.com
If you would like to discuss this post please call Neil Griffin 07974687694.
31 January 2023