St Bede's Catholic Primary School, Ridge Terrace, Bedlington, Northumberland NE22 6EQ
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£19,312 - £20,493 per annum pro rata, (Actual £15,658 - £16,616 per annum)
St Bede's (Bedlington) Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
St Bede's Catholic Primary School
30 hours per week (6 hours per day Monday to Friday worked on a split shift basis of working 7am to 10am and 3pm to 6pm each day).
Fixed Term for 1 year to January 2023
Required for A.S.A.P
The Local Governing governing body is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Facility Supervisor to co-ordinate and supervise the support of facility and ancillary services within the school to ensure the building is fit for purpose. Undertake reasonable day to day instructions assigned by the Head Teacher. To ensure the delivery of services in accordance with customer service standards, policies and procedures.
The following is typical of the duties the postholder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time.
• To uphold the Catholic Ethos of the school.
• To carry out the various policies and procedures associated with the operation of the facility, specifically those relating to; staff supervision, the letting of school premises, security and access, maintenance and repair and health and safety.
• To be responsible for the day to day supervision of designated employees, maintaining good working relationships and team working. The completion of all related paperwork associated with the supervision of employees.
• To undertake the day to day operation and arrange for appropriate maintenance of plant and associated equipment including vehicles. To read and record information from utilities meters and report any faults to the Head Teacher.
• To ensure that the school premises (internal and external) and furnishings are cleaned in accordance with agreed procedures, standards and methods, by undertaking cleaning and by supervising the cleaning staff.
• To undertake the clearance of snow from all accessible areas and to grit as necessary.
• To undertake the procurement and ordering of associated stocks and supplies ensuring that there are adequate levels at all times. Taking delivery and arranging for the storage of materials, stores and other goods.
• To carry out porterage duties as required including the co-ordination of the removal and placement of furniture and equipment.
• To carry out minor or temporary repairs and maintenance tasks or report as necessary in accordance with agreed procedures. The provision of advice and guidance to contractors and the inspection of any works undertaken.
• To also undertake duties of post both on site at St Bede’s Catholic Primary School and also St Benet Biscop Catholic Academy when required.
• To promote and implement Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust’s Equality Policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
• To assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and to act in accordance with the School’s policies and procedures.
• The postholder will have responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with.
Application forms and all relevant documentation can be sent out via our School Office, Telephone number 01670 822389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Governing Committee, Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as other recruitment checks.
Application forms can be emailed to the school office at email@example.com or handed into the school for the attention of Mrs. Therese Worrall, Headteacher. The position will be offered subject to suitable references and checks.
*This post attracts the Newcastle Living Wage supplement. In addition to the hourly rate, this post will receive the Newcastle Living Wage supplement to bring the hourly rate up to a minimum of £9.90 an hour.*
Closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd January 2022 and interviews to be arranged thereafter.
23 January 2022