Newcastle Upon Tyne
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£24,948 - £26,845 per annum, pro rata (£15,171 - £16,324 actual salary)
17.45-22.15 Monday to Friday
An opportunity exists for a suitable individual to work within the Facility Services Division of Operations and Regulatory Services Directorate as a Facility Supervisor Westgate Community College, Benwell, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you have good communications skills, the ability to work with limited supervision, be capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting and carrying of equipment, materials/furniture and are able to climb ladders. Caretaking experience in an Educational setting would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for the security of the premises, setting alarms, general health and safety issues relating to the building, as well as a range of porterage duties. There will be a responsibility for the supervision of cleaning staff.
You will be expected to be able to deal with varying workloads and the cleaning of a defined area. You must be able to manage your own time.
To work in our College, you must be enthusiastic, hardworking and able to forge positive relationships with staff, children and parents. We are looking for a positive, hard-working individual with a strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
Facility Services and Civic Management work across the city and Gateshead providing building cleaning, caretaking, school meals and welfare catering services.
We have a large team of cleaners, cleaner supervisors, facility supervisors (caretakers), catering assistants, assistant chef’s and chef’s working various hours and shifts in schools and public buildings.
Our service is committed to delivering a high standard of service to our customers and in doing so investing in our staff and staff development.
What we offer:
• Competitive hourly rates of pay
• Up to 29 days annual leave per annum (pro rata for part time staff) increasing to 29 days after 5 years service, from April 2023.
• Paid DBS as well as paid induction and training
• Full uniform and equipment provided at no cost to you
• Full training and opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice car lease and home electronics scheme.
• Weekend, bank holiday and unsociable hours pay enhancement
• Full employee support package including access to a free confidential Health Assured, Employee Assistance Programme.
• Staff offers and discounts including discounts on travel passes and leisure.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a team player but able to use your own initiative
• Can have good relationships with others
• Is self-motivated and able to work to fixed deadlines
• Has a flexible approach to work, hours and locations
• Is customer focused
• Can deliver to required standards
• Is suitable to work with children and young people
• Is capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting, and carrying.
• Can undertake written and spoken instructions and speak English.
This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful, we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a DBS check (Data and Barring System) to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
The opportunity for additional overtime driving the school minibus requires a full driving license.
For an application pack download the application form and supporting documents from www.northeastjobs.org.uk, apply online, alternatively you can collect an application form from Condercum Road Depot Reception or email firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to discuss this post please call
Neil Griffin 07974687694.
6 June 2023
Apply and view further information
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.