Kenton School, Drayton Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3RU
Director of Science
£50,151 to £55,338 per annum
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
Kenton School - all different all equal
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for September 2021.
Kenton School is a vibrant and inclusive secondary school at the heart of the community in which we serve. With just over 1800 students, we are amongst the largest schools in the North East. At Kenton we are passionate about providing the very best education possible for young people in our city, our region and nationally and our strong and committed team share our vision of ensuring all our students not only reach their potential but that they are confident, happy and resilient students who treat each other with compassion and respect.
Following an internal restructure, we have created three new Director level roles, working as part of our extended Senior Leadership Team to lead progress and achievement in Mathematics, English and Science. As Director of Science, you would be responsible for leading a team of 15 teachers and 3 technicians. As Director of Science, you would be responsible for leading a team of 15 teachers and 3 technicians. At Key Stage 4 students study Trilogy Science courses. At KS5, we offer A Level Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
If you are the person we are looking for you will be able to demonstrate:
• A proven track record of outstanding achievement in a leadership role, i.e. minimum TLR1.
• Demonstrable experience driving performance improvements in your designated curriculum or core leadership area.
• An ability to think and act strategically with sensitivity to organisational and wider political priorities to deliver high quality outcomes.
• An ability to use data effectively and present views and opinions in discussion which contribute to positive outcomes including the ability to challenge, give feedback and accept feedback constructively.
• A proven track record of effective people, resource and financial management.
• Ability to demonstrate high expectations and to instil these in others.
This is a challenging role, but an exciting one, joining us in a role where you will not only set the direction of how we deliver Science, but as a member of our SLT, play a key role in shaping the future of the wider school and the community that we serve.
In return we offer the opportunity to work in our fantastically resourced suite of science laboratories and work spaces, in our purpose built PFI school building, based on the outskirts of Newcastle upon Tyne with easy access for commuting from the A1.
How to Apply: You can apply through the TES website by clicking on the Quick Apply link. Alternatively, you can download and application pack from our website at www.kenton.newcastle.sch.uk and selecting Vacancies. Applications can be returned either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 12.00 Noon on 15 March 2021
Kenton Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in our schools to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families.
15 March 2021