Archibald First School, Archibald Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1EB.
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Leadership Scale L7 - 11: £47,707 - £52,643, per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Archibald First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required by 20 April 2020.
Due to the promotion of our current postholder, the Governing Body of Archibald First School are seeking to appoint a new Deputy Headteacher.
This Deputy Headteacher role will be a class teacher position with whole school responsibilities for the leadership and management of a key area. The position will be teaching in a Key Stage 1 or Lower Key Stage 2 class for the summer term and, on appointment, dedicated release time will be scheduled to fulfil management duties.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational individual who has the experience, drive and dedication to make a significant contribution to our successful team - to lead effectively, to bring new ideas and enthusiasm and to be committed to helping every child achieve.
The successful candidate will actively endorse and deliver the vision of our school, ‘having fun, achieving excellence’, whilst facilitating all children to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
Archibald First School is looking to appoint a leader who:
• Has proven experience of leadership at a senior level within a primary school
• Has significant experience of monitoring and evaluating whole school performance and effectiveness, including teaching and learning and a key curriculum area
• Leads by example with integrity, positivity, resilience and clarity
• Is highly skilled and motivated
• Effectively manages their own behaviour and relationships with others to provide appropriate support and challenge
• Has experience of self-evaluation and has demonstrated commitment, engagement and involvement in the school development planning process.
As a Class Teacher we are looking for this leader to be:
• An exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner with a proven track record across the primary phase
• An inclusive practitioner with ambitious standards and high expectations for all pupils
• Forward thinking, passionate and committed to enabling high quality learning experiences
• Able to balance the demands of being a class teacher with those of being a leader
• A collaborative member of the school team.
In return, we offer:
• A supportive Headteacher and Governing Body
• A dedicated staff team
• Happy, enthusiastic children
• Supportive parents
• An inclusive and supportive working environment
• Collaborative working with the Gosforth Schools’ Trust.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and be successful against a range of other recruitment checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school by arrangement. To organise a visit, please contact Mrs Rachel Carr on 0191 285 1957.
Application forms, person specification, job description and further information are available on the website www.archibaldfirstschool.org.uk
Postal applications should be sent for the attention of Mrs. R. Turner by 3.00pm on Monday 13 January 2020.
Due to the deferment of this advert and the amended class-based role for the summer term previous applicants are welcome to resubmit an updated application. Applications held on record will be considered at short listing.
The planned process for recruitment is that long listed candidates will be visited, at an agreed time, to observe their teaching of Literacy in their current school between the 27 January and 5 February. Short listed candidates will then be invited to the interview day for tasks and a formal interview.
This will be Monday 10 February.
Number on role 300, plus 52-part time nursery.
13 January 2020