Operations and Regulatory Services
Newcastle upon Tyne
Customer Response and Enforcement Officer
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£24,948 - £26,845
This is an exciting new opportunity to join our award-winning team in Parking Services. We are constantly working to support the city to be vibrant and welcoming to everyone and this role will be instrumental in delivering an enhanced customer service experience.
What you’ll be doing:
• Enforcing parking restrictions and managing parking facilities
• To record and report ticket machine faults
• To be the first point of contact for members of the public and dealing effectively with customer concerns.
• To ensure that the highest standard of maintenance across the car parks.
• Provide and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
What we’re looking for: •
• Experience of dealing effectively with demanding members of the public
• Experience of dealing with difficult situations
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Good communication skills
• Experience of responding to complaints
• Ability to keep accurate records and documents in line with Data Protection Requirements
• Ability to work proactively with external and internal partners
• Confident in using ICT packages
What’s in it for you?
• A competitive basic Salary
• Full-time 4 day week (9 and a quarter hour shifts)
• Minimum 24 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 year service pro rata for working 4 days a week.
• The opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice home electronics scheme.
• Weekend and bank holiday pay enhancement
• Preferential access to job opportunities internally prior to them being advertised externally
• Full support package including access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• Full training provided
• Full uniform allocation with a suite of options including a comprehensive footwear selection
• Countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to support you and help you to achieve your best
Becoming a Customer Response and Enforcement Officer your primary role will be to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction across all car parks.
Your will achieve this through effective interaction with customers and ensuring that the car parks are well maintained. The role will involve ensuring the safety and maintenance of the car parks as well as supporting the maintenance and enforcement teams.
Experience of working in a customer experience role and parking environment would be advantageous.
The successful applicants need to be able to work 9 and a quarter hours each shift, including on some weekends as the rota is working 4 days over 7. The shift pattern with shifts varying between 5am and midnight.
If you are successful we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a check to see if you have had any criminal convictions.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage, even if you indicate otherwise.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
8 June 2023
Apply and view further information
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.