Operations and Regulatory Services
Newcastle upon Tyne
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Please see advert text
£21,029 per annum, pro rata (£10.90 per hour inclusive of Real Living Wage)
*We are proud to be an accredited Real Living Wage Council, paying all of our employees a minimum of £10.90 per hour; leading and setting standards for good work within the city.
Various hours and locations
What we are looking for
Newcastle City Council are currently looking for reliable and friendly people with a positive attitude to join our Building Cleaning as a Cleaner. No experience is necessary as full training will be provided. We have various hours and locations currently available at the following schools and public buildings:
Benfield Comprehensive (1 x 5 hour; 1 x 10 hour and 2 x 15 hour)
Byker Wall Community Trust (2 x 15 hours and 1 x 20 hours)
Gosforth Academy (1 x 10 hours and 1 x 20 hour)
Gosforth Junior High Academy (1 x 10 hour)
Havannah First School (1 x 10 hour)
Jesmond Park Academy (2x 10 hr; 1x 12.5 hr; 1x 15 hr; 1x 20 hr; 1 x 22.5 hr)
Kenton School (2 x 14.5 hour)
Mountfield Primary (1 x 10 hour)
Sacred Heart High (1 x 7 hour)
St Mary’s RC School (1 x 12.5 hour; 1 x 13.75 hour; 3 x 15 hour; 1 x 17.5 hour)
St Vincent’s Primary School (1 x 12.5 hour)
Thomas Bewick (1 x 12.5 hour)
West Jesmond Primary School (1 x 10 hour)
YHN House (1 x 15 hour)
You will be able to discuss preference of location at interview.
Facility Services and Civic Management work across the city and Gateshead providing building cleaning, caretaking, school meals and welfare catering services.
We have a large team of cleaners, cleaner supervisors, facility supervisors (caretakers), catering assistants, assistant chef’s and chef’s working various hours and shifts in schools and public buildings.
Our service is committed to delivering a high standard of service to our customers and in doing so investing in our staff and staff development.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a team player but able to use your own initiative
• Can have good relationships with others
• Is self-motivated and able to work to fixed deadlines
• Has a flexible approach to work, hours and locations
• Is customer focused
• Can deliver to required standards
• Is suitable to work with children and young people
• Is capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting and carrying.
• Is able to undertake written and spoken instructions and speak English.
This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful, we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a DBS check (Data and Barring System) to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
What we offer:
• Competitive hourly rates of pay
• Up to 29 days annual leave per annum (pro rata for part time staff)
• Paid DBS as well as paid induction and training
• Full uniform and equipment provided at no cost to you
• Full training and opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice car lease and home electronics scheme.
• Weekend, bank holiday and unsociable hours pay enhancement
• Full employee support package including access to a free confidential Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• Staff offers and discounts including discounts on travel passes and leisure.
If you would like to discuss this post please call Shirley Youern on 0191 2783296.
30 September 2023