Operations and Regulatory Services
Newcastle upon Tyne
Civic Operations Manager
£30,095 - £33,486 per annum
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team.
The service looks after Facilities Management of the Civic Centre and Mansion House.
You will manage a small team of people and the delivery of frontline operational FM services.
As part of the Facility Services and Civic Management team this post will cover:
• Carrying out building compliance checks
• Working with maintenance teams to ensure building problems are resolved quickly
• Manage all aspects of Health & Safety
• Liaising with building users in all areas
• Supporting the Hospitality Service when required
• Have recent experience in managing staff and services across multi sites in line with customer requirements, quality and performance measures.
• Be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of technical and health and safety requirements with experience of their application across service areas
• Possess communication skills with the ability to establish a good rapport with building users and contractors
• Have a flexible approach in how you respond to challenges and respond to changing priorities
• Be able to get the best out of your team through your ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve their best
• Be passionate about looking after a grade II listed building.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with an employer contribution rate of 18.9%
• Up to 28 days annual leave per year
• Access to flexi scheme
• The opportunity to buy extra annual leave
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice home electronics scheme.
• Weekend and bank holiday pay enhancement
• Full support package including access to a free confidential Health Assured
• Employee Assistance Programme
• A range of staff offers and discounts
• Countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to support you and help you to achieve your best
For further information please contact Paul Wallace on 0191 2115863
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
6 October 2022