Newcastle upon Tyne
Change a Future Foster Carer
Please see advert text
£1000 per week when a child is accommodated by you, £350 retainer per week when you have no child in your home.
THE ROLE: Newcastle City Council are looking to recruit individuals or families to the role of Change a Future foster carer. We welcome enquiries from anyone who has the willingness and enthusiasm to change a child’s life for the better. Previous experience of working with children in any setting is essential. We recruit suitable candidates from within a 50-mile radius of the city.
Change a Future leads on from our Build a Future model. It is a scheme designed to provide stable and loving homes to children who would otherwise be accommodated in secure or external residential units.
Owing to the complex and challenging behaviours a child may initially present with, those eligible for this scheme will have demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable children or adults in a professional setting.
In recognition of the skills and experience they bring to the role; a carer will receive a weekly payment of up to £1,000 and a retainer of £350 per week if there is currently no child to place.
Wraparound support will be available and access to respite. Given the enhanced payments, the expectation is that carers will not turn down placements identified by the service if they have been deemed a match.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU: At Newcastle City Council, we appreciate the challenges around foster care, but with the right support and dedicated team around you, together we can make an extraordinary difference to the lives of children. That's why we offer the following support to our carers:
• 24/7 Telephone Support - there is always a duty team to contact, day or night, including a support and advice service offered by a team of experienced carers
• Your own experienced Supervising Social Worker who will be your first point of contact once approved and will conduct regular supervisions. The child has their own social worker
• A generous fee and a substantial allowance for the child & car mileage. As well as a retainer for this scheme.
• You will have access to an experienced Child Psychotherapist
• Access to dedicated Resource Workers who can support children in your care in and out of the home
• A comprehensive training package & professional developmental opportunities
• 28 days respite care
• A community of foster carers who can support and advocate for you, as well as regular opportunities to attend foster carer support sessions hosted by a team manager
• F.U.N (Fostering Under Newcastle) is a dedicated foster carer charity, run by foster carers. They provide a calendar of engagement activities for you to enjoy
As well as this, should the child or young person have additional health, educational or social needs, there's support from other specialised areas like education and health. We do all we can to help you care.
Find out more at https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/fosteringadoption/fostering-process
Think you could Foster? Contact us:
T: 0191 277 2430
Please See Advert Text
31 December 2021