Archibald First School, Archibald Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 1EB
Breakfast Club Assistants (three roles)
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Part time - term time
£18,198 per annum pro rata (actual salary £2,733 per annum)
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Archibald First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Number on role 300 plus 52 part time nursery.
The post is to be Fixed Term to 31st December 2022 in the first instance. The hours on offer are Monday to Friday 7.40-9.00 and the role is term time only.
The Governors of Archibald First School wish to appoint three Breakfast Club Assistants for January 2022 (or earlier is possible).
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate their commitment to working as part of the school’s successful team, the aim of which is to ensure that all children receive outstanding and inspirational educational experiences, which help them fulfil their potential. The successful candidates will actively endorse and deliver the vision of our school, ‘having fun, achieving excellence’, whilst facilitating all children to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
Our key drivers are aspiration, knowledge, confidence and responsibility.
There will be mandatory provided and paid for by the school, including but not limited to
• Safeguarding and Child Protection
• Food hygiene
• First Aid
• Fire warden training
• Fire evacuation procedures
• Children with additional needs
• Any other training which becomes relevant
Training will either be held within working hours or paid as overtime.
Candidates must be able to:
• Assist with the organisation, maintenance, setting out and clearing away of resources to create a purposeful and attractive learning environment.
• Assist with any administrative tasks such as attendance registers, collection of fees etc.
• Undertake activities with pupils that promote the development of intellectual, moral, spiritual and social skills.
• Respond to the practical needs of children where there is an identified special educational need.
• Provide general care and welfare by responding appropriately to the social, emotional and physical needs of pupils.
• Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and act in accordance with all of the School’s policies and procedures.
In return, we offer:
• A supportive Headteacher and Governing Body
• A dedicated staff team
• Happy, enthusiastic children
• High parental engagement
• An inclusive and supportive working environment
• Collaborative working with the Gosforth Schools’ Trust
Archibald First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and be successful against a range of other recruitment checks.
Application forms, person specification, job description and further information are available on the website www.archibaldfirstschool.org.uk and are to be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the post.
Applications can be submitted until midday on 16th February 2022. Please note that we will be considering applications upon receipt and inviting shortlisted candidates to interviews on a rolling basis.
Time and place of interviews will be agreed with each of the shortlisted candidates.
THIS POST INVOLVES WORKING WITH CHILDREN.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
16 February 2022