Sacred Heart Primary School, Convent Road, Fenham Hall Drive, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 9XZ.
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
N3: £18,562 – £18,933 per annum.
37 hours per week (Monday to Friday) over 52 weeks
24 days paid Holidays + Bank Holidays.
The Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust wishes to employ an enthusiastic individual as Assistant Caretaker to work across different sites within the Trust, predominantly Sacred Heart Primary School and Sacred Heart High School both located Convent Road, Fenham, Newcastle.
The successful candidate will work across several sites to support and assist the site management team. Overall Role :
• To undertake general caretaking and cleaning duties as directed by the facilities manager
• Repairs and maintenance of all school buildings and premises, ensuring they are maintained to the highest standards.
• Ensuring the safety and security of the school site(s).
• Ensuring that the school grounds are maintained to the highest standards.
Any other duties within reason that contribute to the efficient running of the school premises - for more information please see the full job description.
It is essential that the postholder:
• Has the practical ability to problem solve and use initiative
• Is able to organise, prioritise and complete tasks efficiently
• Has the ability to work effectively with people from a wide range of levels and responsibilies
• Work as a team member
• Has oral and written communication skills adequate to the role
• Is able to accept instruction and seek clarification where necessary
• Is physically able to carry out porterage duties, which will involve lifting, and is able to work at height
• Has the ability to understand and follow instructions on equipment, materials, etc
• Is able to liase with external contractors when working on site
• Has the ability to perform minor repairs and has experience in using hand tools
In all aspects of the post the candidiate must implement faithfully and effectively the Aims and Policies of this Roman Catholic Education Trust and work collaboratively to ensure that the Christian ethos, standards of academic excellence and good behaviour are maintained and strengthened.
Application packs are available on the school website at: www.shprimary.org.uk
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday 10 March 2021.
Interviews 22 March 2021.
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
10 March 2021