North Gosforth Academy, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 6EJ.
Apprentice - Classroom Support Assistant
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Full time - term time
£7,524 - £14,856 per annum, pro rata. Actual salary: £6,395 - £12,628 per annum.
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
Gosforth Federated Academies - CEO: Hugh Robinson
North Gosforth Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 236 1700
Acting Headteacher: Steve Campbell.
37 hours per week
8.00am - 4.00pm (Monday to Friday) term time only
Fixed term or 15 months.
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
North Gosforth Academy are seeking a Apprentice Support Assistant to join the SEN team at North Gosforth Academy. The following is typical of the duties the postholder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time.
• Supporting the teacher in the general management of the classroom
• Undertaking activities, as directed by the teacher, with individuals or small groups of pupils
• Providing clerical support, photocopying, typing, and filing
• Supporting small groups of pupils
• Classroom organisation:
• Supporting the organisation, classroom maintenance, setting out, clearing away, and care of resources to create a purposeful and attractive learning environment
• Assisting in the preparation, maintenance, and repair of books, apparatus, and equipment, to include cataloguing and stocktaking of all resources
• Preparing pupils' work for display in the classroom and around the school
• Demonstrating creativity in assisting with the practical resourcing of the classroom.
• Working with pupils directly on curriculum related tasks under the direction of the teacher
• Assisting in the delivery of all aspects of support to pupils including assessment, recording and reporting procedures, and maintenance of Individual Education Plans (IEP's) under the guidance of a designated teacher
• Giving relevant feedback to the teacher regarding the social, emotional, and physical needs of pupils, thus offering the teacher support in their assessment
• Assisting with monitoring and evaluating the learning environment provided for the pupils in your care, and use this evaluation to help make necessary changes and developments within the classroom
• Following the school policy documents and schemes of work to keep updated with school and National Curriculum documentation.
Welfare and other duties:
• Under teacher overall control, assisting with the creation of a safe environment for pupils, within and outside the classroom
• Assisting in the supervision of pupils, particularly at break periods and the beginning and end of sessions
• Providing of general care and welfare by responding appropriately to the social, emotional, and physical needs of pupils. This might include attending to sick or injured pupils, taking sick pupils home, and investigating reasons for absence
• Actively promoting anti-discrimination practices and the School's Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
• ICT skills
• Great organisation skills
• Ability to work from instructions
• Previous skills of working with children would be desired but not essential
• Has the ability to work as part of a team.
• Keen to learn
Hold GCSE (or equivalent) to grade C/4 or above in English and maths.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Free use of an on-site gym
• A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities.
Candidates will need to come into Westgate College for the first stage of the interview before we can put anyone forward for the next stage of interview with the business.
Please ensure you can travel to the employer location on a daily basis early in the morning. You will be expected to pay for your own travel to and from work so please check locality of employer, the further away you are the more it will cost.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
North Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
For further details please see: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-480757
Closing date: 15 November 2019.
15 November 2019