Electrification of heat: About the project
The UK faces a massive challenge to cut its carbon emissions.
Heating buildings accounts for about 20 percent of the country's carbon footprint, so gas boilers could be phased out, and all homes fitted with electric boilers by 2050.
By taking part in this exciting project you will be supporting the UK to transform the way homes generate heat and hot water.
You’ll not only be supporting the reduction in carbon emissions but will also receive the latest technology in air source heat pumps, saving you energy and money.
If your home is suitable, following a home survey, you’ll receive the technology installation at no cost to you.
What we will ask is that we monitor your system for one year so we can monitor how effective the system is being and your home comfort.
We’ll be on hand throughout the installation and beyond to support you with your questions, and maintenance of the system.
- deliver high levels of consumer satisfaction and comfort through use of heat pump technology
- learn from project to help improve awareness across the UK
- develop, test and evaluate innovative products that are right for consumer’s homes
The project is a partnership between energy supplier E.ON and Newcastle City Council, funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, with support from social housing provider Your Homes Newcastle and charity National Energy Action, which campaigns to end fuel poverty.
E.ON, the Delivery Contractor for the project will be responsible for recruitment of households and the installation and monitoring of heat pumps.
You do not have to be an E.ON customer to apply, nor will you have to become an E.ON customer when you have received your heating upgrade.
We can only fully fund the install for 250 properties within the Newcastle city area and it has to be right for your property.
- Apply - Simply complete the online form or get in touch with E.ON at Newcastleheatpumps@eon.com – it’ll take around 5 minutes
- Initial Eligibility check - E.ON will give you a call to run through the details that you’ve submitted, ask you a few more questions to check your suitability and book you in for a home survey – it’ll take around 15 minutes
- Free Home Suitability Survey – E.ON’s surveyors will visit your home to carry out a no obligation survey. It will be done at a time convenient for you, to assess your property suitability and to collect more information on your heating and hot water needs, so we can make sure you get the most suitable heat pump – it’ll take around 2 hours.
- Free Quotation – E.ON will provide you with a detailed quote, listing all the products available to you and confirm what the requirements of the project are. You can review and once happy, sign up and they can schedule your install.*
If you need any help E.ON’s expert delivery team will be on hand to answer any questions if you need more technical information.
- Install – E.ON will install the heat pump and any other products you have agreed to and take you through how to use the equipment.
- Post install support and monitoring – E.ON will monitor the heat pump’s performance to make sure it’s operating as efficiently as possible for you, be on hand if you need any additional support on how best to use the system, and have technical experts at the ready should you have any issues with your installation. Providing peace of mind.
Did you know?
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that we are still accepting heat pump applications. If you are eligible, you will be placed on a waiting list and the installation will go ahead when the Government restrictions change. To enquire, call us or fill in this online form.
Need more information?
E.ON are the delivery partner and will be installing your new heat pump. You do not have to be an E.ON customer to apply, nor will you have to become an E.ON customer when you have received your heating upgrade.