Our website will be undergoing essential maintenance from 9am on Wednesday, 23rd of October for a short period of time. Please avoid completing any online forms during this time. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Council Tax - Tell us about a move
If you are moving house please tell us no more than 14 days after your move so that we can send you a correct bill. You can tell us that you have either moved in, moved out or have moved from one address to another within the city of Newcastle upon Tyne.
If you are a Landlord or a Managing Agent please click here
Before you start
- Check if your property is within the Newcastle City Council area.
We will need to know the following details:
- Full names of all adults in the household.
- If you are an existing council tax payer in Newcastle it will help to have your current account reference number to hand
- Full address details
- Landlord or agent’s details and any joint tenant details if you've been a tenant
- Solicitors and any joint owner’s details if you’re buying or selling the property
- Bank details if you want to set up a direct debit to pay your council tax