Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
Our dementia service provides short term, 24-hour support for people experiencing a crisis or coming out of hospital. The service aims to enable people to return home, with appropriate support, as soon as possible.
The accommodation is designed to support and encourage people's independence. It covers 3 floors and includes:
- a communal lounge
- two large sunrooms
- laundry services
- a garden area
- a kitchen/dining area
We cater to the physical, mental and emotional needs of all service users. We provide the highest standard of care and supervision. Our service users are ensured a safe, healthy, homely living environment. We actively promote dignity and privacy.
Your Care at Byker Lodge
On admission your will take part in a needs assessment and a personal care plan. We will request a patient summary from your GP so that we can check your medication and any medical issues can be addressed.
Our friendly staff are patient, dedicated, resourceful professionals who are caring, hardworking and reliable and their criminal records have been checked.
If Byker is not where you live, we will register you our local GP practice whilst you are with us.
It is important:
- that you bring all your prescription medication with you
- all prescription medication must have a chemist’s label showing the dosage and frequency
- we can order a repeat prescription for you and have this dispensed by our local pharmacy
Activities at Byker Lodge
We offer companionship through a variety of daily activities including:
- pamper sessions
- arts and crafts
- games nights
- social nights
- film nights
- day trips
- outdoor activities
Meals at Byker Lodge
A varied menu is cooked at Byker Lodge. We can meet your dietary requirements including:
- food intolerances
- multicultural diets
What to bring for your stay
Where possible, please bring with you:
- enough clothes for your stay clearly marked with your name. We offer a laundry service but if you prefer your relatives or carers to manage your washing, please inform a member of staff on arrival.
- toiletries / personal hygiene products. If you use effervescent tablets, such as Steradent denture cleaner, we have to keep them in a locked cupboard. You may prefer to bring a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- a small amount of money for social outings, taxi fares, personal expenses, hairdresser, or newspapers. This should be secured in our safe, otherwise we cannot accept any responsibility for any losses.
Accessing Byker Lodge
If you are new to Byker Lodge you must be referred by a Health or Social Care professional after a care needs assessment.
How much you pay for this service depends on your financial circumstances. For more information please read our Charging and Financial Assessment Policy.
Visitors are welcome outside of meal times.
Compliments or concerns
Contact the Centre manager using the details on the right hand side of this page.