Meals at Home
Shopping and cooking for yourself or someone you care for can sometimes be difficult. We can help by delivering hot, nutritious, great-tasting dishes direct to you at home.
We can deliver meals to you on a long term, short term or emergency basis every day, up to seven days a week, 365 days a year. All of our meals are traditionally cooked from fresh ingredients on the day you get them.
Our friendly drivers are specially trained and are fully Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) police checked.
Who do we provide this to?
Meals at Home is now available for anyone who would like to use it.
We also provide meals to residential accommodation, lunch clubs and day centres. And, if you are running a lunch club or thinking about setting one up, why not talk to us about the meal options we can provide? We can arrange for a free, no obligation taster session.
Lunch clubs offer a variety of well-known benefits, they provide:
- a hot meal;
- an opportunity to keep active and get out of the house; and
- an opportunity to meet other people and catch up with friends;
If you run a lunch club or are thinking of setting one up, we can provide your meals. We can provide hot meals in the serving option of your choice, such as:
- delivered individually packaged, ready to serve; or
- delivered in large serving dishes for you to serve up (a more economical choice).
You have three savoury options to choose from each day and a choice of a hot or cold dessert. We also provide a small carton of fruit juice to help with hydration and supplement your vitamin C.
To request a copy of our menus, please use the email address below.
Choosing and ordering meals
We've made it really easy to arrange your meals. Our driver will give you a form where you can select your meal choices for the following week. If you need help with this form the driver can help you to fill this in.
Meals are delivered over a lunch time between 11am and 2pm.
Why choose our Meals at Home service?
Our Meals at Home service is prepared to high standards producing quality meals. Here are some good reasons why you should choose our service:
- We work closely with a dietician to make sure that we produce meals that are nutritionally balanced and in line with the Caroline Walker National Guidelines. These guidelines encourage healthy eating and all of our menus can be adapted to your needs.
- We use specially designed vans with temperature control facilities to make sure that our meals reach you piping hot and ready to eat.
- Meals at Home can help you remain living independently by making sure you get a hot meal.
- We make sure, wherever possible that the same regular drivers will be delivering your meal so you'll see a familiar face.
- Our drivers are trained in awareness of age related illnesses and the importance of nutrition. They will arrange to contact a family member or friend or the doctor if they are concerned for your wellbeing.
- We have reporting mechanisms in place to report concerns.
- You can order meals for just short periods to cover temporary situations such as your carers being away or poorly or if you are recovering from an illness or operation yourself.
Locally produced meals from local ingredients
All our meals are produced by locally employed staff at our kitchen in Newcastle. We also use locally sourced ingredients where possible.
This means that we can deliver our meals quickly and economically whilst also supporting the local economy and protecting the environment.
Catering for special diets
We can cater for a wide variety of dietary needs. If you have a special dietary need, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Care and support needs
If you require additional care and support needs either at home or to help you get out and about then you can find more information on our care and support pages.
You can get in touch with us by:
Phone: 0191 277 3978