If you suspect that someone is committing fraud or corruption, please complete this form here providing as much information as possible.

All information is treated in the strictest confidence, but if you do wish to give your name and address you are able to do so.

You can report the following types of fraud:

  • Housing and tenancy fraud includes unlawful sub-letting, false right to buy/right to acquire.
  • Council tax fraud could involve wrongly claiming single person discount or student discount.
  • Business rates fraud is when a business avoids paying the correct fees.
  • Social care payment fraud is when a person misuses direct payments to pay for their care.
  • Grant claim fraud is related to individuals or organisations claiming grants that they are not eligible for.
  • Council employee fraud could include an employee abusing their position to get a job with the council, or to obtain a council house, for a family member or friend.
  • Contractor or supplier fraud could include providing gifts or services in kind to a councillor or employee in return for an award of contract.
  • Insurance fraud happens when a person is dishonest about a claim made against us.
  • Blue badge/parking permit fraud involves a person using a disabled parking badge/parking permit when they are not entitled to.

If you wish to report fraud of a Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) related benefit (e.g. Universal Credit) please visit their website here.

Page last updated: 
9 November 2017
1 Start 2 Complete
Was this page useful?