This Masterplan supports the sustainable development of the Lower, Middle and Upper Callerton Neighbourhood Growth Areas in West Newcastle for:
- approximately 3,000 homes;
- local centres;
- new primary school provision; and
- associated infrastructure requirements.
The masterplan sets out site constraints, opportunities and concept framework plans in order to satisfy the requirements of Policies CS3 and NN1 of the Newcastle Core Strategy. It provides the overarching approach of how the Neighbourhood Growth Area is to be delivered in a coordinated way, to assist the Council to assess the planning applications for each allocation (i.e. NN1a, NN1b and NN1c), as well as the relevant s106 planning obligations.
This document will also set out the design code, satisfying the requirement of Policy NN1 (11).
The purpose of this document is to reaffirm the vision, development and place-making objectives and set out:
- the proposals;
- the opportunities, constraints and proposed mitigation;
- high level design principles; and
- infrastructure requirements.
This document will be used by Newcastle City Council when determining future planning applications for Callerton.
The Final draft Masterplan was considered by Cabinet on 12 October 2016 and approved.
The Final Draft Masterplan and associated Cabinet documents can be viewed here:
- Callerton Masterplan and Design Code October 2016 (pdf, 12mb)
- Callerton Masterplan Statement of Consultation July 2016 (Appendix 1) (pdf, 293kb)
- Illustrative Masterplan concept (Appendix 2) (pdf, 535kb)
Background Papers to Cabinet report:
- Document 1 – Leaflet (pdf, 528kb)
- Document 2 – Letter (pdf, 109kb)
- Document 3 – List of Amendments (pdf, 136kb)
- Document 4 – Consultation Comments Table (pdf, 880kb)
- Document 5 - Adoption Statement (pdf,168kb)
Copies of the masterplan are available to view at Newcastle City Council, Customer Service Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8QH, telephone 0191 278 7878 (Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm), and Newcastle City Library.
Phone: 0191 277 8949