1. Is Planning Permission Needed? Find out whether you need planning permission, depending on the nature and scale of the works you wish to carry out.
2. Guidance on making a Planning Application Help on selecting the correct application form, calculating the fee, and what to submit.
3. Applications forms, Validation Checklists and Guidance Notes You can download forms from here, or we can send you the forms you need by post. There are also guidance notes attached to help you to make your planning application.
4. Guidance on Household Development Advice for householders wishing to make an application.
5. A guide to Publicity and The Planning Process What happens after submitting the planning application, and how the public can become involved with the decision process.
6. Pre Application Enquiries Information on our pre-application service with impartial and professional advice.
7. A guide to Planning Officer Delegated Powers How are planning decisions reached, and which applications are decided by Planning Officer and which by Planning Committee?
8. Guidance on Planning Appeals Appealing against an application decision.
Planning Fees from 31st July 2014 (pdf, 259kb)
- Houses in Multiple Occupation - planning guidance
- Member Engagement on Pre Applications (pdf, 77kb)
- Urban Design Guidance for Pre Applications (pdf, 1mb)
- Use of Planning Conditions - Developer Notes (pdf, 88kb)
- Developer Guidance for Highway Works
- Ecological Advice
- Planning Committee Details
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Section 106 Legal Agreements
- Article 4 Directions, Regulation 7, and Local Development Orders
- 'To Let' boards controls
- Building and Landscape Design
- Guidance on Listed Buildings
- Is my property in a Conservation Area?
- Flood Risk & Surface Water Management (pdf, 453kb)
- Is my property in a flood risk zone?
- Guidance from the Planning Portal's Interactive House and Interactive Terrace
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Development Management: Who We are And What We Do
The conservation team has produced two pre-application information sheets. The first is a basic introduction to the historic environment, and how it might affect your proposed development. The second outlines the types of heritage consents that you may need to obtain for your proposed development.