If you are a tradesman who regularly works on properties within parking permit schemes during the hours of enforcement you have the option of using a visitor permit provided by the resident or short-term scratch cards to provide exemption from the parking restrictions.
You can now also apply for an annual permit that provides exemption for all permit schemes across the city.
Who may find these permits useful?
To apply for an annual tradesman permit you should work in one of the following trades. If your business is not listed, please contact Newcastle Parking Services on 0191 2772728 to discuss your situation:
- Aerial installation
- Bathroom fitting
- Carpet fitting
- Electrical installation and maintenance
- Gardening services
- Insulation installation
- Kitchen fitting
- Roofing/solar panel installation
- Tree surgeon
- Window cleaning
- Window fitting
Tradesman Annual Permits cost £300, which is payable in one lump sum.
How to apply
Please note that from Friday 15th July 2016 the Customer Service Centres will no longer process applications and requests for parking permits in person, including scratch card permits. From this date, new applications for any additional permits will need to be submitted online or by post. Please allow 14 days for your application to be processed.
- Apply Online (online application)
- Complete application form (pdf, 264kb)
- Provide proof that your business operates within parking permit zones. This can include contracts or quotations of work to be undertaken on properties or invoices or schedules of work completed within the past 12 months on properties and;
- Provide proof that your vehicle is used for business premises by submitting the insurance schedule/certificate to confirm business use status.
- Information regarding how your personal data may be collected, processed, shared and retained following your application for a permit can be found here.
What do I do if I lose my permit or it is stolen?
We require written notification from the permit holder that the permit has been lost or stolen, together with payment of an administrative charge of £10. Please send your notification to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “lost permit” in the subject line and including your name, full address and telephone number so that we may contact you to take payment for the administration charge.
Is there a limit to how many annual tradesman permits I can apply for?
There is a limit of 3 annual tradesman permits per business. This ensures that priority is given to residents in areas of high demand for limited parking space and reflects that tradesmen can also use a visitor permit or scratch card.
What are the Terms and Conditions of use?
Information on using the permit correctly can be found on the reverse of the permit and also on the application form. The permit cannot be used unless the tradesmen is actively working at a property within a permit scheme. Using the permit for other purposes is classed as misuse and can result in the issue of Penalty Charge Notices and the revocation of the permit.