Supplementary Scratchcards - Tradesman
Scratchcards have been introduced to meet residents' needs and support additional business and community requirements and supplement the existing resident and visitor permits.
Tradesman scratchcards are allocated to those persons working at a property, land or on the highway within the boundaries of a permit parking scheme.
Scratchcards will only be issued to vehicles that are essential to carry out the works and will not be issued to facilitate staff parking.
Details are scratched off to show the relevant date and the zone and the vehicle registration number must be entered.
- £7.50 per daily scratchcard
- £30 per weekly scratchcard
There are no discounts applicable for scratchcards.
How to apply
Please note that from Friday 15 July 2016 the Customer Service Centres will no longer process applications and requests for parking permits in person, including scratch card permits. From this date, new applications for any additional permits will need to be submitted online or by post. Please allow 14 days for your application to be processed.
- Apply Online (online application)
- Complete Application Form (pdf, 264kb)
- Provide evidence that you are working at a property within the scheme area or land adjacent
- For short term coverage such as a single day scratch card if work is being carried out on a residential or business property then a letter from the building inhabitants or landlord confirming the nature and duration of the work will suffice. For longer term work supporting documentation will be required. Examples of this can include a contract for the work, an estimate or quotation, invoice or planning permission. The documentation should be on letterhead paper from the tradesman.
- If work is being carried out on the road or an area of land next to the road but not within an inhabited property then documentation confirming the work has been commissioned should be supplied.
How many scratchcards can I apply for?
No maximum limit for tradesman scratchcards has been set with the exception of the 3 month permits where only 3 will be issued. The allocation may be restricted at the discretion of the Council having considered the impact on residents parking provision and the number of supplementary scratchcards previously issued.