Season Ticket Holders
This permit entitles a resident who lives within the city centre meter zone to park in their street or an adjoining street during the hours of 4.30pm - 9.30am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
As these permits do not relate to properties within parking permit areas there is no limit per dwelling.
How to Apply
Please note that from Friday 15th July 2016 the Customer Service Centres will no longer process applications and requests for parking permits in person, including scratch card permits. From this date, new applications for any additional permits will need to be submitted by post. Please allow 14 days for your application to be processed.
- Apply Online or complete an Application Form (pdf, 324kb)
- Provide proof of residency
- Council Tax Statement,
- Tenancy Agreement (showing the tenants and dates of tenancy),
Bank Statement; or
- Utility Bill
- Provide proof of vehicle documents
- If the vehicle is registered at the address - vehicle registration document (V5C); or
- If the vehicle is not registered at the appropriate Newcastle address - the insurance schedule providing confirmation that the resident is insured to drive the vehicle and that the vehicle is insured at the appropriate address.
- If the vehicle is a company vehicle - Vehicle Registration Document (V5C) or lease/hire agreement with a P60 End of Year Certificate or tax documentation proving that the vehicle is used for company purposes.
- If the vehicle is a private lease or hire vehicle - a copy of the lease or hire agreement to link the vehicle with the applicant at the relevant address.
Information regarding how your personal data may be collected, processed, shared and retained following your application for a permit can be found here.
The annual cost of a season ticket is either £99 or £131 depending on the location of the property within the city centre. For confirmation of the appropriate charge please phone 0191 277 2728.
You will be entitled to a discount on the price of your permit if you have a light passenger vehicle that has a low CO2 emission figure that qualifies the vehicle for a reduced rate of annual vehicle excise duty. Vehicles registered after 1st March 2001 with emissions of up to 120 g/km will qualify for the discount. Please supply page 2 of the V5 document only, which provides us with the required information.
What do I do if I lose my permit or it is stolen?
We require written notification from the actual permit holder that the permit has been lost or stolen, together with payment of an administrative charge of £10.00.
Apply online for a replacement permit – Online Form
What do I do if I change my vehicle?
The permit with your old vehicle registration number will not be valid for your new vehicle (unless you have retained the same number plate). The permit holder will need to complete an online request to amend the vehicle registration. If the V5C document or insurance schedule is not immediately available, we can issue a temporary permit for 56 days, this provides time to supply the required vehicle documentation so a full permit can be issued to run until the expiry date of your original resident permit. There is an administration charge of £10.00 for amending the vehicle registration details on a parking permit.
Apply online for a change of vehicle registration – Online Form