Season Ticket Holders
This permit entitles a resident who lives within the city centre meter zone to park in their street or an adjoining street during the hours of 4.30pm - 9.30am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
As these permits do not relate to properties within parking permit areas there is no limit per dwelling.
How to Apply
Please note that from Friday 15th July 2016 the Customer Service Centres will no longer process applications and requests for parking permits in person, including scratch card permits. From this date, new applications for any additional permits will need to be submitted by post. Please allow 14 days for your application to be processed.
- Complete Application Form (pdf, 324kb)
- Provide proof of residency
- Council Tax Statement,
- Tenancy Agreement (must be signed and show the tenants and dates of tenancy),
Bank Statement; or
- Utility Bill
- Provide proof of vehicle documents
- If the vehicle is registered at the address - vehicle registration document (V5C); or
- If the vehicle is not registered at the appropriate Newcastle address - the insurance schedule providing confirmation that the resident is insured to drive the vehicle and that the vehicle is insured at the appropriate address.
- If the vehicle is a company vehicle - Vehicle Registration Document (V5C) or lease/hire agreement with a P60 End of Year Certificate or tax documentation proving that the vehicle is used for company purposes.
- If the vehicle is a private lease or hire vehicle - a copy of the lease or hire agreement to link the vehicle with the applicant at the relevant address.
The annual cost of a season ticket is either £99 or £131 depending on the location of the property within the city centre. For confirmation of the appropriate charge please phone 0191 277 2728.
You will be entitled to a discount on the price of your permit if you have a light passenger vehicle that has a low CO2 emission figure that qualifies the vehicle for a reduced rate of annual vehicle excise duty. Vehicles registered after 1st March 2001 with emissions of up to 120 g/km will qualify for the discount. Please supply page 2 of the V5 document only, which provides us with the required information.
What do I do if I lose my permit or it is stolen?
We require written notification from the permit holder that the permit has been lost or stolen, together with payment of an administrative charge of £10. Please send your notification to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “lost permit” in the subject line and including your name, full address and telephone number so that we may contact you to take payment for the administration charge. If the permit has been issued to be used by any vehicle, a charge proportionate to the unused portion of the permit is payable.
What do I do if I change my vehicle?
The permit with your old vehicle registration number will not be valid for your new vehicle (unless you have retained the same number plate) so you should contact us as soon as possible on 0191 277 2728 to make arrangements for a replacement permit to be issued. There is an administration charge of £10.00 for amending the vehicle registration details on a parking permit.