Park and Pay by Phone
The Pay by Phone service operates across all city centre car parks operated by Newcastle City Council.
The system offers motorists an alternative means of payment to the existing pay and display machines and accepts all major payment cards. Clear information on how the system works is displayed via signs within the participating car parks.
Five good reasons to choose Park and Pay by Phone
- No need to search for a Pay and Display machine
- No need to worry about having the correct change
- No need to display a ticket in your vehicle
- Optional reminders sent to your phone with the expiry time of your parking session*
- No need to rush back to your vehicle - extend your parking session from your mobile*
Motorists can register online to pay for their parking from their mobile phone. Payment can then be made by calling 0191 628 0000 or texting 65565. The Pay by Phone website provides further instructions and additional ways to use the service, as well as demonstration videos that are available on You Tube on how to use the App and service (link to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB3X0iVlqh0).
Paybyphone have also developed a self-service support centre on their website available here (link to https://support.paybyphone.co.uk/hc/en-gb).
Each car park has its own unique Location Number to be quoted when paying:
The Pay by Phone mobile web site, www.paybyphone.co.uk allows customers to access and manage their Pay by Phone account, pay for parking sessions and obtain VAT receipts. Please visit www.youtube.com/PayByPhoneUK for several useful videos on how to use the service.
The service charge for using PayByPhone to pay to park is not a fee to cover card processing costs, but pays for the PayByPhone service which includes the following features:
- Optional SMS reminders and receipts.
- Email receipts
- VAT receipts
- Countdown timer on the app
- The option to extend parking (within parking restrictions)
- Access to our customer services team for any queries
- Multiple card payments to manage business parking
If you have any further questions, please refer to our frequently asked questions (FAQ's).
Terms and Conditions of Parking
- Payment must be made at the time of parking
- Enforcement action may be taken if you have not paid for parking or the time you have paid for has expired
- You are responsible for entering the correct vehicle and location information when you park
- Normal parking regulations apply
- Parking suspensions may be in force in pay by phone locations at any time - always check for signs and find an alternative space where necessary
- Newcastle City Council is not responsible for mobile network coverage or network failure. It is your responsibility to make sure that your parking payment covers the entire duration that your vehicle is parked. Reliance on SMS reminder texts does not provide an exemption to this rule.