If you need advice on how to write a CV, succeed at interviews, find a job online or apply for a jobs then you need to join one of our free work clubs.
A number of participating customers have been successful with either finding jobs or gaining an interview through our work clubs which are in partnership with Newcastle Futures. There are various sessions throughout our community libraries and at City Library.
- 2pm - 4pm at Walker Activity Dome and Library
- 10am - 12pm at Cruddas Park Library*
- 10.30am - 12pm at West End Library
Please note: we provide PC access and resources at the following sessions (below) but no staff assistance:
- 10am - 11.30am at East End Library
- 1.30pm - 3.30pm at Gosforth Library
All workclubs are weekly unless otherwise stated.
The Skills Hub offers a one-stop shop for support with training, career and job advice.
Based on the ground floor of Newcastle City Library, anyone can access this free service for help in getting into employment and training, and support to develop the necessary skills.
Universal Skills is an online tool providing help and advice for jobseekers, including information on Universal Jobmatch.
Advice on offer includes:
- introduction to basic computer skills
- how to create a CV and covering letter
- how to search and apply for jobs on Universal Job Match
- how to prepare for job interviews
- advice for your first day in a new job
- information about Universal Credit
- and more!
To access Universal Skills via our webpage, all you need is your name and library card number: http://library.newcastle.gov.uk/web/arena/reference