Mission and Vision Statement
We provide access to information, culture, heritage and learning opportunities for everyone in the City and beyond.
We promote creativity and culture, opening up a world of books, music, films and technology. We have:
- Easy and free access for everyone,
- Welcoming, helpful and expert staff
- The highest quality information and the best books
- Up-to-date business information
- Unique heritage resources
- The latest information and communications technology
We will enhance people's quality of life by providing relevant and responsive libraries at the heart of the community. We will help all people to make informed choices and confidently take part in and enjoy the City, its heritage and culture.
We support the Newcastle Plan and the City Council's Vision and Values to help make Newcastle a vibrant, inclusive, safe, sustainable and modern European city.
Figures for April 2017
- Visits to our libraries: 75 908
- Number of active borrowers: 89 563
- Number of enquiries received:
- Group visits: 192
- Library items issued: 38 447
- New members: 914
- Computer usage: 33%
For more information on the performance and statistics of Newcastle Libraries please contact us with your request.
Phone: 0191 2774100
Write: City Library, Charles Avison Building, 33 New Bridge Street West, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8AX